Monday, May 14, 2012

European Championships

Ross and I are up in Mora, Sweden running the European Orienteering Championships. No, we're not considered Europeans quite yet, but we can run for USA as they are also World Cup races. Most of the reporting this week is going to be done on the Team USA Orienteering blog. Today we raced the middle qualification race and neither of us are terribly happy about how it went. We both missed out on the finals, and had some mistakes out in the woods that leave a slightly bitter taste in our mouths. The woods, though, are absolutely fantastic! Also, I ran with a GPS today, so you can watch me run my course (I'm heat C and I started at 12:10)... and wander around so close to #4!

All results will be on the EOC homepage, and they have live results every day. Tomorrow we are running the long qualification and the men are wearing GPS, so you can watch Ross run in real time! He starts at 12:57 local time, so around 7am for all you back home on the east coast.

We're living right next to the Vasaloppet finish!

Team North America!

No comments: